By Annual Reviews
Read Online or Download Annual Review of Immunology Volume 16 1998 PDF
Similar immunology books
In recent times, cytology has performed an more and more very important function within the prognosis of sickness, rather these of neoplastic foundation. it isn't strange for cytologic specimens to be the one diagnostic samples to be had from sufferers with melanoma. Many ancillary checks characteristically played on histologic fabric at the moment are being played on cytologic specimens.
The speedily starting to be box of antibody examine is the results of many advancing applied sciences permitting present advancements to use molecular engineering to create tailored antibodies. Antibody equipment and Protocols makes an attempt to supply perception into the new release of antibodies utilizing in vitro and in vivo techniques, in addition to technical points for screening, research, and amendment of antibodies and antibody fragments.
This ebook facilities on gene remedy and gene move methods to avoid or deal with power virus infections. the focus is at the vast 3: human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1), hepatitis B virus (HBV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV). abundant anti-HIV medicinal drugs are presently on hand within the sanatorium and the advance of an efficient mixture treatment has dramatically better the lifespan and caliber of lifetime of contaminated contributors.
- Microscopy, immunohistochemistry, and antigen retrieval methods: for light and electron microscopy
- Essentials of Clinical Immunology (6th Edition)
- The relationship between virologic and immunologic responses in AIDS clinical research using mixed-effects varying-coefficient models with measurement error
- Immunity, Tumors and Aging: The Role of HSP70
- Erythrocyte Engineering for Drug Delivery and Targeting (Biotechnology Intelligence Unit, 6)
Extra resources for Annual Review of Immunology Volume 16 1998
32. 14:7 QC: NBL Annual Reviews AR052-02 AREND ET AL caused by variable numbers of an 86-bp tandem repeat. Hum. Genet. 91:403–4 Mansfield JC, Holden H, Tarlow JK, Di Giovine FS, McDowell TL, Wilson AG, Holdsworth CD, Duff GW. 1994. Novel genetic association between ulcerative colitis and the anti-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-1 receptor antagonist. Gastroenterology 106:637–42 Bioque G, Crusius JBA, Koutroubakis I, Bouma G, Kostense PJ, Meuwissen SGM, Pena AS. 1995. Allelic polymorphism in IL-1β and IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL1Ra) genes in inflammatory bowel disease.
Rev. Immunol. 16:27-55. org by HINARI on 08/31/07. For personal use only. Table 2 Animal models of disease treated with recombinant IL-1Ra Collagen-induced arthritis in mice Streptococcal cell wall–induced arthritis in rats Immune complex–induced arthritis in mice Antigen-induced arthritis in rabbits Staphylococcal-induced arthritis in rabbits Osteoarthritis in dogs Septic shock in rabbits, baboons, rats and mice Bacterial meningitis in rabbits Ischemic brain injury in rats Experimental allergic encephalomyelitis in rats Streptococcal cell wall–induced colitis in rats Experimental shigellosis in rabbits Immune complex–induced colitis in rabbits Acetic acid–induced colitis in rats Lipopolysaccharide-induced pleurisy in rabbits Monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension in rats Allergen-induced late asthmatic reaction in guinea pigs Antigen-induced airway hyperreactivity in guinea pigs Bleomycin- or silica-induced pulmonary fibrosis in mice Immune complex–induced lung injury in rats Ischemia/reperfusion lung injury in rats Crescentic glomerulonephritis in rats Anti-glomerular basement membrane antibody–induced glomerulonephritis in rats Pre-term delivery in mice induced by IL-1 Osteoclast formation and bone resorption in ovariectomized mice and rats Hepatic fibrosis induced by dimethylnitrosamine in rats Post-cardiac transplant coronary arteriopathy in piglets Graft-versus-host disease in mice Streptozotocin-induced diabetes in mice more avidly to the type I IL-1 receptor but less avidly to the type II receptor was a more potent antagonist of IL-1 effects in vivo (154).
Thus, regulation of production of cytokines of the IL-1 family may be fundamentally different between males and females, suggesting possible variation between the genders in functional roles in vivo. ROLE IN BIOLOGY In spite of extensive studies on IL-1 over the past two decades, the important roles that this cytokine may play in normal biology remain unclear (3, 7). P1: NBL/PLB P2: NBL/plb January 19, 1998 14:7 QC: NBL Annual Reviews AR052-02 IL-1 RECEPTOR ANTAGONIST 35 Furthermore, whether the function of IL-1Ra is solely to regulate the agonist effects of extracellular IL-1 in normal biologic processes or in pathophysiological conditions also is unknown.